Another busy week and weekend
Dayna has been participating in Highly Capable, an after school program that meets twice a week. She really enjoys doing research projects and studying about history. She did her project on Ruby Bridges, which was the first African American to attend an all white elementary school. Dayna learned a lot about her and her challenges.
Here is the latest parent report on Dayna's reading level, as you can see she is reading at an 8th grade level and tested at the 97th percentile for her age. She is quite the book worm.
There are only two showers in the house, Avery was feeling like a bath so she squeezed into the bathroom sink.
Dayna had a game this Saturday, it was a little breezy but it was a pretty spring day. She looks like a stick figure running around in the big yellow jersey.
Janelle does a great job coaching, the girls listen intently to their coach :)
Here is a good pic that shows the size difference between Dayna and some of the girls on the team that they played. She was fearless and went after the taller girls.
She has quite the motor. Janelle said that she is like a mosquito, always pestering the opponent.
This is a pic of Dayna right before she scored. It was a great goal! The team won 2-0.
Lani is always a clown, she loves the camera.
Avy was trying to climb the net, it was a little more difficult than she had thought.
The three siblings stay busy during Dayna's game. They like to play in one of the spare goals while Dayna is running. They are gonna be quite the soccer players.
Father Son Campout
Its that time again, Dax and I went to the Ensign for the annual father son campout. This year Dax really enjoyed playing with fire. I felt like one of my old scout masters getting after him every other minute about playing with fire.
I cooked up some top ramon for the boy but he didn't eat it. Then we went to plan B, a hotdog! He followed that up with a bag of popcorn and a couple of smores.
We finally got all tucked into our sleeping bags and Dax says, "Daddy I have holes in my socks and my feet are cold, can you get my other pair of socks." I knew that Dax is a hot sleeper and that in a matter of minutes he would be sound asleep and probably sweating, but I went and got his socks. I of course had a terrible time sleeping and was freezing my toes off but Dax was out like a light. In the middle of the night there were a few kids in the tent next to us that woke up and were arguing over who's sleeping bag belonged to who, one of the younger kids was shouting at the other that he was in his sleeping his bag and that he couldn't sleep if he didn't have his sleeping bag. There was no father to be found so we waited out the argument and eventually went back to sleep. Dax woke up in the morning with a wet and sweaty pillow saying that he slept really good of course. After breakfast and a few games in the morning we headed back down the hill, Dax was asleep in about 5 minutes on our return home so I don't know if he really did sleep that well.
Happy Mother's Day
The kids brought Janelle breakfast in bed. Dayna made Janelle scones.
Each kid presented Janelle with their homemade card and a hug. It was cute to see Dax sing and recite his poem that he had prepared at school.
Dayna had quite the assortment of gifts and cards for Janelle.
A friend from the ward makes these signs, I had seen them on Facebook and another at a friends house. I asked our friend to make them up for Janelle for mothers day. I think they turned out really nice, hopefully they are something we will enjoy for years to come.
A couple of pics of Janelle with the kids before church, one with smiles and one with them in their natural state. It was nice, I didn't have meetings this morning so I was able to ride into church with the whole family.











No comments:
Post a Comment