Wednesday, December 18, 2013

San Francisco December 2013

 My friend Hans and I have talked about going to watch the Seahawks and 49ers game this past year. Hans found awesome tickets sometime last spring or summer and we had been counting the days since. The time finally arrived for our trip, the Seahawks had pounded the niners at home earlier in the season but that was in Seattle and the Niners were pretty fired up about this game. It was a lot of fun to hang out with Hans and his sisters family. We went to Pier 39 and walked looked at all the shops. We also saw the docks that are near there that are covered by sealions, it was pretty amazing, loud and stinky. Hans' bro in law Ben drove us around the city and gave us a quick tour, it was a beautiful day and a lot of fun.

 This game was scheduled to be the second to the last 49ers game played at Candlestick Park. Coming from Century Link Field to Candlestick is a big step down as far as facilities. Candlestick is very old, but it also has a lot of tradition. The fans were not to hostile towards me and my Russel Wilson jersey but they weren't too happy about my presence either. There were quite a few Hawks fans there, in fact the night before they gathered at Pier 39. Their plan was to flood the area with Hawks colors and fans, it was a success. At the game I went to get a hot dog by myself. While I was waiting in line I had intoxicated Niner fans in front and in back of me. One said, "I'm not going to lie, I just had a little fantasy that I just threw you over that wall and out of the stadium." I got my hotdog and went back to my seat rather quickly not to leave it again. It was a good game, in the end the Hawks lost by a narrow margin. It kept the Niners playoff hopes alive and set the stage for an awesome NFC championship game that was to be played a month or so later.





My last day in San Fran I got to drive Ben's Tesla. It is an electronic car that could very well change the way we commute and the fuel we consume. It was a lot of fun and surprised me how fast it drove as well. It was a unique experience because you don't hear an engine or feeling any gears shifting. We drove out to Mavericks which is a world class big wave. Of course it wasn't breaking that day but it was lots of fun to see the area and it was a perfect weather as well.

No comments: