Hello everyone we hope you're all doing well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all especially Grandma Munger, she just had surgery this week, from what I've heard everything went well and she is in recovery. We live in an age of technology that makes some pretty amazing things possible. I'm grateful that there are people out there willing to do the studying and work necessary to be able to perform the surgeries that are available to us. It's pretty awesome! Well another week has flown by, we had a couple of tornados touch down in the state this week so needless to say the weather wasn't great, but today the sun is shining! We were in the last week of moving mode until we got some news back from the appraiser. The house itselft appraised fine, but they said that the Farmington area is in the decline as far as real estate and that was a red flag for our lender. We wouldn't be able to get the deal that we had worked out with them so essentially the house fell through. When we heard that it may not work out Janelle and I both thought we had done all that we could do to make it happen, if its not meant to be then its not meant to be. It was out of our hands and that thought was actually pretty calming. I think that the stress level has definitely dropped in our home. It was a beautiful house but it must not have been the right house for us. We have our eyes and ears open for the next opportunity so we'll see what happens. This week I've been on call, we have 10 docs so we all take our turn on call, but we manage patients from 3 different offices. I haven't had to go in to do a procedure yet but I've had quite a few calls. The weekends are the hardest, but it is nice to be able to help people in pain, I know thats no fun and they don't have anywhere else to go except the ER.
Most of the socializing between the boys takes place in the form of wrestling. In fact Dax tackled one of the boys as soon as he saw him in the parking lot. Of course its a farm parking lot and its basically dirt, or was dirt before it rained the night before, so it was mud. I guess that little boy (Jerome) only has sisters, so the only time he doesn't get in trouble for playing rough is when he is around Dax.
Dax's mean face!!
Lani caught in the act of pouring her pop out. Dayna is pretty talented too :)
Alana continues to get bigger and bigger everyday, she is walking really well and now she is signing a few words. We really didn't spend much time if any with her trying to teach signs but she has learned how to do a few things. She signs for more (one that we did try to teach her) and eat, she accompanies the eat sign with a big grunt of an EEEE sound. She blows kisses for when its night night time. She folds her arms when she's put in the high chair for the blessing of the food, and she usually claps after the amen (I don't know where she picked that one up from). She has even started to say a work or two, most notably "Daddy". The other day we were resting in bed during the early morning and I could hear her on the monitor starting to stir. Then she started to talk to herself a little bit in her own language, and I started thinking OK Janelle will get up and get her some milk in a minute, like she always does (I know I'm a little bit lazy), but then clear as day I heard her say......"Daddy", then I thought OK I'm getting requests now so I better get up and take care of her. I almost thought that Dayna had said it because it was so clear, but Dayna wasn't in the room, so it had to have been a thirsty Alana who is learning how to push all the right buttons at a young age. I attached a couple of pics from Alana's latest trick at the dinner table, take an empty pop can from mommy and pour out whats left on the high chair and then lick it up, its easier to do then trying to shake out the last few drops into your mouth, she is clever!
This is Dax getting our attention at the dinner table while we were all laughing at Lani
Dayna has been working hard studying words for the spelling bee. She is doing a great job, and today she counted to 100 for the first time. She is a very smart cookie and she really does enjoy school. Yesterday she was counting the days until she gets to go back to school to be the letter "W" expert in her class. I guess she gets to go in front of the class and write the letter and some words that start with W. She was already the G expert so she must be extra special because she gets to be the expert for two letters. It sure is nice when Dayna and Dax run around the house playing nicely, they are really close friends, sure they have their moments, but for the most part they play really well together.
(note added by janelle: obviously we spend too much time goofing off at the table cause it seems like that is where a lot of our pictures take place)
No comments:
Post a Comment