Hello everyone, I hope everyone had or is having a happy and safe Halloween.
Dayna's lunch on Friday. She come home with a full untouched lunch. Which often happens with her.
I made these cupcakes for Miss Spider's Tea Party. I made the web out of melted chocolate chips. FUN!
We had our tri ward trunk or treat last night, there were a lot of kids. They served some sloppy joes and had games set up for the kids. I helped out with the haunted house, they asked us to make it really scary this year. They did a pretty good job at making it pretty scary, they brought in an air compressor to startle the kids by blowing air on them, we set it up on the stage so we dressed in all black and hid in the black curtains, and a guide would take them through with a flashlight. There is a mortician in the ward and he brought a real casket and of course thats where somebody hid and where the kids would reach into to get the candy. It was pretty funny scaring the bigger kids but we would take it easy on the little kids. Janelle brought Dayna and Dax in but then they turned around and exited out the entrance before I could even spray them with silly string. We set our car up for the trunk or treat, we were doing a Hawaiian theme again this year. We had the hula skirt hanging from the back of the car, we had the IZ music and this year I thought it would be cool to put the portable DVD player in the back with a surf moving on. They were all great ideas but in the end our cars battery when almost completely dead from just setting the whole thing up, the kids hadn't even started coming yet. Luckily we had bought one of those adapters for the car which has a normal outlet on it. Anyway its something you plug into the cigarette lighter and then you can plug things into it. It also gets a charge and the package said you could jump your car with it. I didn't think there was any chance that this little box could jump my huge Yukon, but I thought it was worth a try, I hate asking people for a jump and who knows how they would jump us with all these kids walking around the cars and the world would see us getting jumped. Anyway, I hooked the little 4 inch by 4 inch box to the battery and let it rip, the car turned over after a slight hesitation. It Worked!!!! Janelle thought well lets just keep the car running while we hand out the candy that way we can keep all of the cool things running in the back, our next problem was the gas, we were almost out. By this time there was a steady line of kids moving through the parking lot which made it very difficult to close the back hatch so the cabin lights would turn off (there is some way to turn them off manually but we couldn't figure it out) besides the back hatch had a hula skirt hanging from it and wouldn't close all the way. So now I'm worried about running out of gas and if I turn the car off we'd run out of battery again and I have three kids that are wanting to go trunk or treating like all the other kids marching through the parking lot. Anyway, to make a long story a little bit shorter, a friend showed up and helped take down the hula skirt and hold off the foot traffic long enough to close the hatch, or poor Hawaiian theme was silenced in the dark. The kids had a lot of fun, the mortician actually brought his hurse and was handing out candy from its trunk. (Kind of creepy, he also plays the organ in our ward, I think that kind of suites a mortician.)
We took the kids trick or treating down Mainstreet in the neighboring town of Aztec, again there were a lot of kids. Dax has been switching back and forth between his pirate costume and his Captain America costume. I like the Cap. America one myself, he wanted a shield so we took his blue pillow case cover and wrapped a pizza pan with it and put a white star on the front. It worked out pretty good, one of my friends thought it was cardboard and punched it, he was surprised at how heavy it was and it hurt his hand a little bit. Alana wore the monkey costume, it has been a pretty good investment, all three kids have worn it now. She makes some pretty cute monkey sounds and gestures.
Well thats it for us, I guess we'll be swamped with trick or treaters tonight, they pretty much bus them in from the reservation around here, at least thats what we've been told. Dax wanted to help me stack some wood in the back, so there is a pic or two of him helping out, he kept telling me how strong and tough he was, he did do a pretty good job.
No comments:
Post a Comment