Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cousins Turkey Bowl 2013


 This was our first year of having a cousins Turkey Bowl. It was a lot of fun. The kids enjoyed wearing the jerseys and tackling one another. Everybody got to participate although Dayna did eventually transition to cheerleader. It was fun to go back out on old Sheets Field, I have a lot of great memories on that field. Probably the best one was when we beat Lakes in OT. The field was a mud hole, perfect conditions to slow down a very fast team. Oh the memories!



 I think little Max had the biggest tackle. I think Lucas had the ball and was being spun down by Dax when Max ran into him at full speed and drove him into the ground. Both of the boys were a little shaken up, I think Max hurt the most but it was a text book tackle.



 We couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving morning for Turkey Bowl. As I spoke about the upcoming Thanksgiving events to my patients I would mention that I would be playing in a Turkey Bowl or two. They were a little confused because they thought that I was referring to actual bowling using a turkey. Now that would be an interesting site. It was a successful Turkey Bowl, no major injuries but plenty of sore muscles to complain about the next day.














No comments: