Sunday, May 1, 2011

This past weekend we went back up to Farmington to visit with friends for Easter. We arrived there on Thurs. night and came back Sunday afternoon. It was a lot of fun catching up with friends and spending time with the family. We stayed at the Shepherds house, they have a pretty nice set up in the corner of the basement with guest room and bath. The kids had a lot of fun playing with the Shepherd boys and Abby. I got to play a long game of frisbee golf and then on Saturday I was able to get out to the golf course a couple of times. Janelle spent time with her lady friends and they got their nails done and went shopping. We also had a fun game night with the Kings, Shepherds, and Buxtons.  We put all of our kids to bed and we stayed up to play cranium.  It was a lot of fun.  We all got a good laugh when Micheal broke the chair out of nowhere...Good times :)


 This is at the office.  We went the night before and hid easter eggs for all the employees.  The had their own hunt in the morning and the "silver" eggs had a gift certificate to Dions.  They seemed to have fun with it.

 We went to an easter egg hunt for the kids hosted by one of the partners in the company. He has a beautiful house with a lot of open space around it to hide the eggs in. There were about 50 kids there, they had a lot of fun

 We had Easter morning at the Shepherds and the kids woke up an found their easter baskets, the Easter bunny was very kind, giving lots of candy, some toys and even kids sonicare toothbrushes. I had spent the previous weekend building an easter egg roll ramp to bring up to Farmington but unfortunately I forgot it in Rio Rancho. When we returned we had a family roll and it was still fun, I still have to work out some of the kinks on the ramp, I had too many rolls where both eggs broke

While up in Farmington the kids spent a lot of time jumping on trampolines and we thought that it would be a fun investment for the kids since we don't have much of a backyard anymore to play in. So yesterday we made the purchase at Sams Club, I think it will be our last Sams run since we're changing back to Costco next month (Farmington doesn't have costco and they don't carry tramps), well as you can see in the pic, the tramp has become our backyard, I was a little nervous that it wasn't going to fit, but it does with a meager 18 inches of clearance on both ends. The kids love it, and with the new netting on the sides their pretty safe, I call it our backyard babysitter, it sits right next to the master bedroom so we just open the windows in the bedroom and the kids jump till they can't jump anymore. Alana really loves it too! I've been sharing all of my old tramp stories of falling off Grandma and Grandpa Dickson's tramp and knocking my tooth that turned grey and later fell out (it was a baby tooth), Dayna responded "lucky you" she can't wait till her first baby tooth falls out. I remember putting the sprinkler under the tramp in the summer time and having sleepovers on the tramp. Lots of trampoline memories, so now its time to make some more with the next generation.


Things at work are going well, I had another pretty busy month and hopefully this month its even busier, the new Dr. will be starting the week after next. They are adding 3 new chairs to the office, so hopefully they'll be done by then. Lastly, we just recently found out that we are expecting our 4th child. Janelle is only about 6-7 weeks along we think, so we still have a long ways to go, but if everything works out the baby would be arriving in mid-December. Janelle is having a little bit of morning sickness, but all in all she's doing well. Well that wraps it up for us, thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers on our behalf, we appreciate your love and support.




Hope you all had a wonderful Easter



Jon, Janelle, Dayna, Dax, and Alana

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on baby #4! That's exciting news. I have all of those same trampoline memories...except for the grey tooth that fell out, although I do remember flipping off the tramp onto the ground and breaking my glasses once. I'm sure your kids will create many of their own memories.

In response to the comment on our blog, we are planning Disneyland for this fall.

It's fun reading about what your family is doing. Keep the updates coming.

Travis and Jamie said...

Glad to see you guys made such a wise investment. ;) Like I told Janelle, that was the best money we ever spent!!

Dickson Family said...

kind of funny cause i don't think people are "reading" the blog...you are the first one to say anything :)

Mallory Stoker said...

Congrats on baby number four. :-) I love to read updates about your family.

K&J Dickson said...

congrats we are so happy for you guys! You two make some cute little ones :) and now Lincolns little brother will have someone kinda close in age!