Hello everyone! Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was small and quiet for the most part.
We ventured into turkey frying this year. We had tried some fried turkey in Kentucky and we liked it so we thought that we'd give it a try on our own. It turned out really good. The meat was juicy and white. It is pretty easy to do and it doesn't take nearly as long. We fried our 15 pound turkey in about 50 minutes. It was a little more of an investment than I initially thought, it takes a lot of oil, I mean a lot of oil. It was a fun experience and now that we have the fryer I'm sure we'll be doing it in the futureJanelle made potatoes, stuffing, and lemon meringue pie. It was just the three kids and Janelle and I. Dayna loved the turkey, Dax didn't touch it and Alana put all the turkey in her cup. We took the kids to see the new Disney movie Tangled before starting dinner. We got there about 30-35 minutes early, we sat there with a few other families waiting for at least the previews to start, something to entertain the kids. The previews didn't start till about 15 minutes passed its scheduled viewing time, then we watched all of the previews and then ......nothing. A young man came out and apologized but we wouldn't be able to watch the movie today they had mixed something up. Anyway, we were lucky, we had plenty of time to come back later in the day but at least one of the other families had grandparents visiting and they wouldn't be able to all come back together. It was kind of sad, they gave us "rainchecks" but it was an hour of a very scheduled day that the family would never get back. Like I said, it wasn't too big of a deal for us. We went later in the day when it was packed, and we enjoyed the movie. It was very cute and the kids except for Alana loved it. I was sitting next to a mother and her 3 yr old, in the movie there is a part where they cut Rapunzel's hair, the little girl immediately starting crying, saying why did they cut her hair. The mom proceeded to say, it's OK, it's OK, it's about to get happy again, and now she has a nice new dew. I don't think the child cared about the nice new dew, the movie had destroyed her image of what the princess should look like
Friday we hung out while Janelle made a couple trips to brave the black Friday crowd. Her first trip took her out of the house at 3:15am yes, that is not a typo. Her first stop was Target, where the line was over a quarter of a mile long. It was a successful trip, her next stop was JC Pennys, again another success! Every Thanksgiving night I try to talk her out of the trip but she persists, she can hardly sleep the night before. She actually likes it. This year it was below 10 degrees out and they still had a huge turnout. Anyway, Janelle came back slept for couple more hours and then went back to exchange some stuff and get other things. It was an exhausting day for all of us but especially the "shopper". Later we went to the church with a few other families, we all brought Thanksgiving leftover creations and played games and relays. It was a lot of fun.
Alana hates when she gets left out. she wanted her hair in curlers so she sat there so nicely while I put them in. i had to take them out before she went to bed though. they were in for about 5 minutes and her hair was already curly.
this is her after shot. she was a little grumpy so i couldn't get a good shot, but again i was surprised her hair curled.
By the time Saturday rolled around everybody's schedules were thrown off, Dayna especially she kept thinking she'd be going to church or back to school sometime. This is the first break she has had during school and I think that she's in the routine of one day off then church then school. So she's been asking everyday if she goes to church tomorrow or school. Yesterday I ventured out into the sunny cold day to put up the Christmas lights. It actually went really smooth, no close calls this year. I think that the roof on our Kentucky house was just too steep and scary. We had just enough lights for the house here and we went out and got some more for the trees in front. We also purchased our Christmas tree and put it up, we will decorate it tomorrow for family home evening. Most of the lights we brought from Kentucky still worked we had a few casualties. Other than that, I probably overdosed on Football, there were a lot of good games, some didn't turn out exactly how I wanted them but they were good games nonetheless. Well I hope you're all enjoying this weekend. We miss and love all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment