Hey everybody hope you've enjoyed your week. Fall is rolling in down here in NM. The mornings and evenings are getting pretty chilly. The days get up in the 70's which is really nice but the mornings have been in the 30's. We're not used to having that big of a temperature fluctuation throughout the day. I don't think that we've had our first freeze yet but I'm sure its coming soon. This week the kids had their first checkup in awhile. We just got insurance so its pretty good timing to have somethings taken care of before the winter gets here. Dax, Alana, and Janelle all got shots, Dayna got off easy with a nasal spray instead of a flu shot. The kids seemed to really like the Dr. So that is nice.
This week Dayna came home asking if she can be in the spelling Bee at school. She came home with a list of words. It's kind of a new situation for us, she's a lot like her mom and dad, we like the spot light until we make a mistake while in the spot light then its the end of the world. So we're kind of nervous to have her spelling in front of all of her friends and messing up. But I guess thats part of growing up. She does really well and her teacher is the one that suggested that she do it, I guess not all of the kindergardeners are invited to participate.
Dax went to the fire station with his preschool. They had a lot of fun.
They got to hold the hose and shoot the water across the lawn. Of course Dax couldn't resist running under the huge mist of water, so he had a pretty wet experience.
Alana continues to perfect her walking, she is getting better at walking and holding something at the same time. She pretty much walks everywhere now. She has a few teeth that have been coming in on top. She is one of our best eaters, its kind of amazing and scary how much food she can eat and the kind of food that she eats considering that she doesn't have any back teeth.
Janelle continues to stay busy with the kids and figuring out the house stuff. We got everything in this week so they've ordered the appraisal and we hope to close by the end of the month. We'll see how it all plays out, but now we're changing mind sets into moving mode, it seems like we've kind of been in limbo here at the rental house so it will be nice to be settled into our own house again.
I'm progressing a lot in work, I've been doing quite a few wisdom teeth extractions. I like them a lot, they're challenging and rewarding to get them all out. I've signed up for an I.V. sedation course in June of next year that will be held in Portland OR. It is a two week course and I will be learning how to start I.V.s and administer sedatives that basically have the patient sleeping during the procedure. It is conscious sedation not general anesthesia but most of the time the patient sleeps thru everything and doesn't remember anything. It will be an investment but I think that it will be worth it in the long run.
Yesterday we took the kids out to a pumpkin patch in Aztec (a neighboring town). They had hay rides, a corn pit, face painting, balloon animals, and a corn maze among other things.
The kids had a fun time. They really like the corn pit, there were slides into the corn pit and they could bury themselves in the corn (needless to say that when we got jammies on last night our floor was littered with corn that had hitchhiked home in socks and pockets).

1 comment:
I can't believe how big Alana is getting! Your kids are beautiful.
Post a Comment