Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthday Weekend!

Aloha everyone!




Well our birthday week has come to an end. I had my birthday on Friday and Alana on Saturday. We both had great birthdays. Janelle decorated my office with birthday decorations and stocked the fridge with my favorite rootbeer. Friday night we got a babysitter and Janelle and I made it out to Tucanos for some all you can eat Brazilian food (mostly steak). It was a nice evening.







This is the first time Lani has started to notice that we are celebrating something especially for her. She was very excited. We would yell, "who's birthday is it?" and she would put her hands on her chest and proudly respond "ME!" She was very excited to open presents.


 She was spoiled with some My little pony toys and books (I'm trying really hard not to make a joke about Kyle right now :) she got some Dora stuff and some Minnie mouse dolls and accessories amongst other things. She loves it all and she is working on her sharing.
 We took the kids to the zoo, the weather is cooling down a little bit here, so its in the 70's or maybe even 80. The kids got to pet a llama and we went to the animal encounters show where they have vultures and a hawk swoop down over the audience, the kids really like that show, I think that it scared Lani a little bit though, she dropped the water bottle mid drink as the hawk approached


                                          


                                                   


 We ended the evening with our traditional Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake. It was covered with purple and Dora, and it was yummy. Thank you all for the birthday wishes and presents. I can't believe that I'm no longer in my 20's, time flies
Lani was so excited to share her cake with Dora as well.  Here she is feeding Dora her cake.





I turned my Texas Dental license application in and now I have heard that it can take 1-6 weeks before it goes through. Hopefully it goes through in a couple of weeks so I can get started working over there and find a place to move the family into.




Thanks again for everything, we are so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family. Hope you have a great week.




Jon, Janelle, Dayna, Dax, Alana, and TBA

No comments: