Aloha everyone! Hope you all had a great week!
Dayna graduated from Kindergarden this week. They had a graduation ceremony with a diploma and everything. It was cute and the kids were very excited about the whole thing. They had taken pictures earlier in the week with caps and gowns on. They all walked into the room while the graduation music played, they were instructed to stand in front of their chairs until all of the kids had found their spots and then they would all sit down at the same time. Of course there were plenty of kids that got to their seats and sat down, but they were quickly reminded by their classmates to stand up! They all took their seats and then they were called up to the front one by one to receive their diplomas and to say over the microphone what they wanted to be when they grow up. There were a lot of future teachers and policemen, but one one dentist, Dayna of course.
Janelle had gotten Dayna flowers and flowers for her two teachers as well. She always does nice things like that for the teachers. A trick she learned when she was young I'm sure, in the end it pays off when you're borderline on a grade and the teacher thinks, oh they were so nice and they brought me goodies or flowers or something. This goes back to a class that Janelle and I took together in High School, American History with Mr. Howard. We were promised extra credit if our parents came to parent/teacher conferences, of course Milt and Judy made the long trek through their back yard and across the parking lot to see Mr. Howard so Janelle could get extra credit in the class and then she eventually got a better grade in that class than I did, to this day I quiz her on the state capitals and her performance is kind of spotty, good thing she got that extra credit. Anyway, she continues her tradition with Dayna :)
It was a cute ceremony, something that didn't exist when most if not all of us finished kindergarden. I had never referred to it as graduating from kindergarden until Dayna's class. Apparently there has been talk amongst the first grade teachers of who gets to have Dayna in their class, kind of funny, I doubt anybody was fighting over me being in their class.
Yesterday we took the kids to the aquarium and botanical garden which are associated with the Albuquerque zoo. It was a lot of fun, and I was surprised by the garden part the most. They had a big fantasy garden where it was kind of like "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" everything was huge, so the kids got to walk into a big pumpkin and around large carrots and onions. They had a lot of fun. There was a dragon and big dragon eggs to play in as well.
Janelle took the kids to a birthday party in our local park, it was for a girl in Dayna's class. She said most of Dayna's class was there. That was neat that they came out to support their classmate.
We are getting closer and closer to our trip to the Northwest. We are excited for Dax's birthday party and seeing everyone. I will only be in town a few days during those two weeks but it will be fun to catch up with everyone.
Hope all is well,
Love
Jon, Janelle, Dayna, Dax, and Alana
2 comments:
I can't believe our oldest are graduating kindergarten! How did that happen. We are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. When I told the kids about Dax's birthday party, Carson said, "Yes! I get to see Dayna. I just love Dayna." She made quite the impression on him last year :)
I know crazy huh. Yes dayna tends to have that effect on people. Her old Teacher (from earlier in the year) still emails me and tells me how much some of the kids still miss dayna and say that she is their best friend...even though she hasn't seen them in forever. She is pretty popular...especially among the boys...watch out! can't wait to see you guys too. it will be good, just wish jon got to hang around longer...c'est dommage.
Post a Comment