Hello everyone!
Well, February has come and gone. It's funny to think that Feb. is only 2-3 days shorter than any other month but it seems so much shorter. Spring is just around the corner, and from the pics I've seen of the Northwest I'm sure everyone is anxiously awaiting its arrival. Well this week Dayna's kindergarden teacher was trying to assess the children's reading level, they quit testing her at the fourth grade level. She was impressed that Dayna changes her voice when she's reading, she'll read in different tones to convey the emotions of the characters. I'm sorry I keep writing every week about her reading, but I'm just really proud of her and I'm the complete opposite when it comes to reading. I don't like to read much and when I do it takes me forever to get anything out of it. I'm glad she has such a love for reading.
This week we started making arrangements to attend a Mariners Spring training game in Phoenix AZ. The game is about a 6-7 hour drive from us, so we'll have a long weekend but we're excited to see Phoenix and a fun game. The game is on March 26th (Saturday), so I will be getting a day off finally. When I first got out of school I thought that it would be foolish to work 4 days a week when I owe so much money in student loans, but now I need a day off every once in awhile to keep my sanity. This week I think I pushed it a little too far, I was starting my day off with a nice root canal when I started getting a headache and my vision became spotty, not a good thing to happen for a dentist. I had to rearrange my schedule for the afternoon because there were some things that I wouldn't be able to do with the headache I was fighting. Anyway, it showed me that a day off here and there is not a bad idea. Anyway, enough about me
Yesterday we took the kids to a local park, there were a lot of people there. Dayna started showing off her monkey bar skills making the boys watching very jealous. Dax showed off his razor (two wheeled scooter) skills. At one point we were going for a walk with Alana, Dayna and Dax and Dax all of the sudden disapeared, we turned around and Dax was flying on his scooter in the opposite direction. We shouted his name a few times but that didn't even slow him down. He kept going and going in the opposite direction, he finally got to the top of the small hill he had been climbing and he quickly turned around and started heading towards us, when I reached him I told him that he can't just take off like that, he needed to stay with the rest of the family. My comments were met with a blank look, he hadn't realized that he had strayed so far and that we were calling after him for a few minutes. He probably made it about 300 yards in the opposite direction before he turned around to come back after us. Boys will be boys!
Alana tried to follow in her big sisters footsteps and play on the monkey bars too. Her arms are too short to even reach the next bar but she has the hanging part down pretty good. Alana's personality and character has really come out this week for some reason. She is trying to repeat everything we say to her, she now has "sounds" for thank you, I love you, good night, stinky, among others. She is a fun one, very spunky, and a lot of attitude but she has to be to be able to battle her big brother for every toy she comes across.
Dayna was named the Allstar student in her class this week so she was sent home with the responsibility of taking care of George the class teddy bear over the weekend (George went to the park with us too).
Well, thats about it for us, hope you all had a great week, and enjoy your Sunday! Love you all.
Jon, Janelle, Dayna, Dax, and Alana
No comments:
Post a Comment