Sunday, May 18, 2008

In all my randomness


So seems like this month we have dedicated to the month of Dax. I know i have not blogged about dax's recent appointment to the pulmonologist but it went fairly well. we had no definite answers, but they are sending him to do testings. So this thursday is his first round of testing and he will have to stay the night in the hospital. we are truly blessed with great friends here in kentucky as my first thought was i wonder who will come out from home to help us with dayna while dax is in the hospital. this time i looked no further than my home in kentucky, good friend waveney. she has been so graciously offered to watch dayna during the day, then jon will go at night and stay with dax and i will come home to get dayna then drop her back off in the morning and head to the hospital. the hospital is like two blocks from jon's school. anyways i hope to get some answers, as this poor kid is so full of life and happy, just a gnarly cough seems to follow him around.


Dayna is also so full of life, she amazes me with how intelligent she is. it really scares me as what is in store cause she is too smart for her own good. she lately has hit a spoiled stage, and thinks she can get anything if she asks, when the answer is no she screams...which really irritates me or makes a fake sad frown face, which irritates jon so either way she cannot win. it is funny that jon and i come from great families that no matter how poor we are our children are "well loved" and "well taken care of" how grateful we are for our families as they really keep us going.


jon is doing quite well in school as this next month will be a killer. he is going to have to hit the books...as if he hasn't been doing so. he is taking the boards on jun 21 so that is our target date for times to get less hetic...but who am i kidding life in this household is always crazy as you all know. we keep ourselves busy if something doesn't keep us busy. jon is officially a junior and it is bittersweet. as he moves up in the the world of dentistry, others moved on. we had some very good friends of ours leave kentucky and it makes me sad to think that in just two years that may be us...but who knows we like it here so maybe we will stay FOREVER!!!


as for me, just keeping the ball rolling i guess. chelsea and i did a scrap night which is always fun, we always tend to get a little silly towards the end as it is way past our bedtime...thats right it goes to 11pm...we are partiers we know. we are trying to make it a once a month thing as jon gets his nights out with the boys playing video games, i get mine scrapping. she always wins the prize drawing p.s.


speaking of video games we got mario kart for the wii (pronounced MAR-EE-O) not mare-e-o, it is a fun game even though i lose more often than not, i like to try and i am very excited about the wii fit game we have ordered that is due out on wednesday. i also have been taking dayna to swim lessons and going to the gym 3 times a week to get ready for my CRUISE with my family in august. very excited.

6 comments:

Mandi and Jeff said...

What a good life you guys have. I hope everything with Dax goes well and if you need anything, let us know. I didnt' know you were going on a cruise..it makes me so excited for you.

The Meyers said...

I have two things to comment about
#1. I think you are saying Mario cart wrong (Sorry I just thought i would let you know so you dont get embarassed)
#2. I look freaky in those pics. I forget how silly we get after 10pm. We are a bunch of party animals if you ask me
#3. I am going to come and see you crazies while you are here in Kosair
#4. I was only going to comment on two things but I hae alot to say
#5. You are getting Wii fit?

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well with Dax. It's nice to have those amazing friends close by to help out. Speaking of boards. JOn is studying like crazy for that as we speak. He is taking it next wednesday. So i thought i had my husband back after finals and then he reminded me of the boards so i guess while in dental school...things never slow down. They sure like to keep these guys working hard!!

Travis and Jamie said...

You will have to keep us updated on Dax. I am so sad that we didn't get the chance to come by and say goodbye, really I HATE goodbyes. We will so miss you all. You should know, Jacob misses Dayna like crazy. He just asked the other day if she could come to his new house, when I told him NO she lived in Kentucky he said that he wanted to move back and live by Dayna cause she is his friend! Always stay in touch with us, and you should seriously think about CO.

Amanda B. said...

Good luck with Dax! I know how it can really pull at your heart-strings to go through stuff like that will your little ones. You are a brave mom! Keep us posted!

KyleandAmanda said...

You will have to keep us all posted on Dax! He is such a sweet and handsome little guy! Good luck at the hospital! If you guys need anything please call us!!!