It is hard for a little active boy to be in such a small room. he was such a good sport about it and the nurses kept telling us me was such a good sport. Just very active.
Dax loves beds, at home he loves to jump and play with the pillows and just roll around, he played in his crib for a little bit, but then he got bored.
it was such a long day for him and he wasn't taking a nap. who could with the arm splints on, so i walked him for a mere hour and a half just to get him to fall asleep for 40 minutes. i don't blame him though who could sleep with your arms like that. i left him in the stroller cause i dare not move him. As I was walking the halls, I just about started crying. maybe from exhaustion, but I just started thinking about all the children. most casues were far worst from dax and what a way to start out life by being in the hospital. There was one family who i watched as i walked the halls (i should say hall there was only one and i walked it a ton), there was a sister just getting there...she seemed to be about 4 year old. she was getting a protective gown on, mask and gloves and she asked the mom...will i get to hold her today...is she getting better. The mom replied you can hold her for a little bit but she is really tired today...the girl was so happy. it made me really sad and i had to fight back tears really hard.
jon stayed with him that night and i went and got dayna. Dayna was such a trooper although she didn't sleep much concerned about daddy and dax. Dayna stayed with Waveney and her kids Reese and Sydney. They were so good to her taking her to the park and zoo and playing outside. Dax was doing well with his probes in that he was able to take off his splints because he was not playing with it anymore. I am so glad he is such a trooper. So the diagnosis...his barrium swallowing test came back normal. he has a mild cause of reflux, but the dr. seems to think that the main issue is asthma. Which is the test he is going in for on Tuesday. he says all the systems i tell him about, the times that he coughed and his "sick old man's cough" all lead towards asthma. He also said that they should have done that test instead of the swallowing test but there was a scheduling mistake...anyways back on tuesday for an asthma test which they sedate him.
I know my experience is not nearly what some of you have been through. My very dear friend lived in a hospital for 6 and a half months...i would just go insane. Her baby was born without an immune system (bubble boy disease) and she ended up getting a bone marrow transplant. I have a new appreciation for her strong attitude and testimony. As for me...I went crazy and was going crazy again by the time i left!!
11 comments:
Janelle,
What an ordeal! I'm so sorry you and Dax had to go through that. That is great that the swallowing test came back okay. Good luck with the asthma testing. My Leah has asthma and has struggled quite a bit with it since she was around 18 months. We've tried lots of different meds and stuff. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
I completely understand how you feel being in the hospital such a *short* time compared to others who are in there for a really long time....even though it was only a few days it must have seemed like forever.
Hope all turns out well!
Poor little Dax. I feel so bad when babies and toddlers have to be in the hospital. I think I would cry on a daily basis if I worked with sick children. I hope they figure out the cause of Dax's cough and everything.
You're a strong girl Janelle! I am just gald that Dax is ok, for the most part. That cough is somthing else though! haha. Poor Dax!
Hey! Glad you and Dax made it ok. Your mom told me about the penny, that's so funny! I'm glad you got the pics up too. I didn't know what you meant when you said splints. Poor kid. He still looks happy in his pics though! Call when you can
glad your ordeal is over. if it's asthma...welcome to the world of breathing treatments! we're well rehearsed on those!!
Doesn't it make you so grateful for your blessings walking the halls like that? We, too, felt that way every time we took Emma to her specialist appointments when she was a baby. I'm so glad Dax did so well. Doesn't it seem like they always just rise to the occasion? Kids are the best!
Janelle- I hope that everything went good yesterday! Keep us updated! Let Dax know we love him!
Poor little Dax man. He is such a trooper though! Wandering around the hospital with his little IV in and crawling under the crib. He is hilarious.
I'm glad the test came back okay. Have you done the asthma test yet? He looks so cute and happy in the pictures, but I'm sure that was a long couple of days for him and you. Keep us posted.
Hey! So Dax went in to figure out his swallowing problem was there anything else? What happened to his arms? It sounds like luke and dax are alot alike. The helmet, hating the baby food, and luke might have asthma as well. He's been having the worst sounding cough since january and after many doctor's appt. they finally tried this breathing treatment with a nebulizer that i gave him 3 times a day for about 3 weeks at it seems to have helped alot!!!! He can now sleep through the night without having a cough attack that would make me jump out of bed every time! Let me know about the asthma test. I haven't heard about it. So do you give dax any baby food anymore? Sorry for the long comment!
Post a Comment